Posted Nov 09, 2020, 08:57AM EST
A nourishing breakfast with high-quality dairy protein is key to setting your foundation for the day, giving your body the energy and protein it needs to fuel the morning and prevent the mid-morning crash. TODAY: We’ve invited board member chef Dev to help us breakfast better and to demonstrate a nutritious, simple and (most importantly) delicious breakfast recipe that you can introduce to your morning routine.
TODAY, Che Dev will show you how to make Greek Yogurt Pancakes with Glazed Ontario Peaches! It meets all of the Breakfast Better requirements and is sure to be something the whole family will love.
For more information about the Breakfast Better Board guidelines and the complete breakfast recipes, check out www.breakfastbetter.ca
Chef Dev’s Greek Yogurt Pancakes with Glazed Ontario Peaches
(20g of Protein per serving)
2 cups of Peaches (pitted and sliced into wedges)
2 tbsps Butter
2 tsps Brown Sugar
1 tsp Cinnamon
1.5 cup of Flour
2 tsp of Baking Powder
2 eggs (12gs)
2 tsp of Vanilla Extract
1 cup of Milk (8gs)
1 ½ cup of Yogurt (30gs)
½ cup of Slivered Almonds (10gs)
Micro Basil to Garnish
- In a pan, melt butter over medium-low heat. Add brown sugar, cinnamon and a pinch of salt to the melted butter. Mix well and add peaches, cooking gently for a minute per side before removing it from the heat. Set aside.
- Toast slivered almonds in a pan on medium high for 1 – 3 minutes.
- Mix flour, baking powder and a pinch of salt. In a separate bowl, add eggs, vanilla extract, milk and yogurt. Combine well.
- Add the dry pancake mix to the wet ingredients. Fold carefully, ensuring that there are no flour pockets within the batter. For fluffy pancakes, do not overmix. You should have a thick batter with a few lumps in it.
- Use a hot pancake griddle to cook the pancakes on medium heat. When bubbles start to form on the pancake, they are ready to flip.
- Stack and serve hot, top with peaches and garnish with slivered almonds and some micro basil for colour.