Posted Nov 16, 2020, 07:43AM EST
A nourishing breakfast with high-quality dairy protein is key to setting your foundation for the day, giving your body the energy and protein it needs to fuel the morning and prevent the mid-morning crash. TODAY: We’ve invited board member chef Adrian Forte to help us breakfast better and to demonstrate a nutritious, simple and (most importantly) delicious breakfast recipe that you can introduce to your morning routine.
For more information about the Breakfast Better Board guidelines and the complete breakfast recipes, check out www.breakfastbetter.ca
Chef Adrian’s Spiced Cornmeal Porridge
(21 grams of Protein per serving)
Prep Time: 5min Cook Time 20min
- 2 cup fine cornmeal (22gs)
- 1 can condensed milk (30gs)
- 4 cups 3% Milk (32gs)
- 1/2 cup pineapple juice
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 tsp pimento berry, ground
- 1 tsp nutmeg, ground
- 1 tsp vanilla extract Materials
- Sauce pan
- In a medium pot, add milk, salt, pimento, nutmeg, and cinnamon stalk and bring to a simmer.
- Add the cornmeal along with pineapple juice, using a whisk keep stirring, to avoid the cornmeal from clumping.
- Cook the cornmeal until it thickens and has a porridge consistency (for around 10 minutes).
- Add condensed milk and vanilla extract and cook for 30 seconds more.
- Remove from heat, and serve in bowls topped with diced pineapple and a sprinkle of ground cinnamon.