Posted Mar 11, 2021, 05:00AM EST
10,000 hour BBQ RIBS!
Recipe by: Matt Dean Pettit
Well I know it’s the winter here in Canada but that doesn’t mean that we need to put away our Grills! BBQing in the snow should be a Canadian sport in my opinion!
This recipe great recipe is a classic but with a fun twist at the end just like country music band Dan & Shay collaborating with our Canadian superstar Justin Bieber with their Grammy-nominated “10,000 Hours”
*You can cook these on the BBQ or in the oven as per the recipe below.
- 2 racks pork ribs, silver lining membrane removed.
- 1 bottle of Budweiser Beer
- 1 tspb ground cumin
- 1 grated orange peel
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 3 garlic cloves, grated
- 3 tbps ketchup
- 1 tbsp Tabasco Chipotle sauce
- 1/2 cup of crusted pistachios (garnish)
- Orange zest (garnish)
- Cut the 2 racks into halves giving you 4 pieces. Place into a dish
- Mix all the ingredients minus the pistachios in a medium sized mixing bowl.
- Pour marinade all over the ribs fully covering them. Cover with tin foil and place into refrigerator for minimum 12 hours.
- Remove the ribs from the refrigerator still
While covered and let sit at room temp for 30-45 mins
- In the meantime pre-heat the oven to 275f and 137c.
- Place ribs on a baking sheet, ensure ribs are well sauced, cover with tin foil and place in the oven.
7.Cook the ribs for approx 2 hours.
8.Remove the time foil and place back in to the oven for another 15-20 mins max.
- Remove from heat and let the ribs rest for 5 mins, sprinkle with crushed pistachios and more orange zest, dip and dunk into more KC BBQ sauce and enjoy!